The egg donation process is easy, low risk and takes about 8 weeks to complete.
We help ensure a smooth process and a positive
egg donor experience.
Fertility Heaven is proud to say that our years of experience has allowed us to provide egg donors a positive experience in managing their cycle. We will be working with you hand in hand and provide you the best access to people you will meet through this journey. You will be in contact with great fertility doctors, nurses, psychologists, legal counsel and be compensated generously for your donation and time.
Information about the Egg Donor Application and Screening Process
- Please complete all steps to our secure online egg donor application. Selected candidates will be interviewed, during which time the egg donor process will be explained in detail and all egg donor program questions answered.
- Upload flattering photos that are current and of different stages of your life.
Information about Egg Donor Matching, Medical Screening, and Legal Consultation
- Upon being selected by an intended parent, we will confirm your ability to commit to the time frame and location determined by the intended parents and their fertility clinic.
- Meet with the fertility doctor who will discuss the medical aspects of egg donation, prescribe hormonal birth control, perform a physical exam and draw blood for testing. You may be tested for hormone levels, infectious diseases, genetic diseases as well as drugs and nicotine. You must take precautions to remain free from sexually transmitted diseases at all times during your enrollment.
- An attorney experienced with egg donation law will review the legal agreement with you to ensure you feel informed about your rights and the process. It is important to understand that (much like blood or other tissue donation), once the eggs have been retrieved, you are relinquishing all rights and decision-making authority for the eggs and any embryos created as a result.
Once matched with an intended parent, the egg donor work up and screening process is about two months. You should continue to be in communication with Fertility Heaven and your clinic nurse coordinator.
Information for Egg Donors about The Medication Cycle
- Your next menstrual period will become the starting date of the donor cycle. Approximately twenty-one days after the onset of your period, a series of injectable egg donor medications will begin and continue until approximately 36 hours before the egg retrieval. The injections are small, subcutaneous (just below the skin’s surface) shots used to stimulate egg maturation within the ovaries. You will be given exact instructions and all of the necessary information by the medical center on how to take the medication.
- During this time, you’ll be assigned approximately six to seven morning appointments at the fertility center’s IVF for the purpose of monitoring your progress on the medication and determining if your ovaries are stimulating properly. The appointments are usually between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and will last approximately an hour or less. You must reliably communicate with the nursing staff and Fertility Heaven the entire time you are on the medication.
- You will be given instructions to take the final injection, or “trigger” shot, at a precise time. This injection will cause the eggs to go through their final phase of maturation and will ready them for scheduled retrieval by the physician.
- Fertility Heaven will provide you with a per diem for every doctor’s visit to cover gas, toll and parking. These monies will be sent on the morning of your appointment.
Information about Egg Donor Retrieval
- Egg retrieval usually requires twilight sedation, which is administered through an IV. The physician then uses a vaginal ultrasound probe to guide a small needle through the vaginal wall to reach the ovaries and retrieve the mature eggs. You should expect to be at the IVF center for about three hours on the day of egg retrieval. The actual procedure takes about 30 minutes. You may experience some fatigue or cramping afterwards.
- On the day of retrieval you will need a companion to accompany you to the fertility center and to drive you home.
- The next day you will be able to return to work or school.